# 🚀 Upgrading
This process is for upgrading to Chevereto V4 from Chevereto V3.20 (previous major release). Check Upgrading Free if you need to upgrade from a free edition.
💡 Review Chevereto V4 vs V3 comparison tables for a better understanding of changes in V4.
- Existing installation running Chevereto V3.20
- Backup for the existing previous installation (optional, recommended)
# Upgrade to V4
Upgrade to Chevereto V4 is performed by overriding the previous software files with the new files provided by Chevereto V4.
Follow these step:
app/vendorfrom your Chevereto V3 installation
- Override Chevereto V3 files with Chevereto V4 files
- Switch to PHP 8
- Create app/env.php (see remark below)
- Proceed with database update
# Application settings
Chevereto V4 uses a new configuration standard.
- Update file accordingly the updated environment
<?php // app/settings.php $settings['db_host'] = 'localhost'; $settings['db_name'] = 'chevereto'; $settings['db_user'] = 'user'; $settings['db_pass'] = 'pass';
<?php // app/env.php return [ 'CHEVERETO_DB_HOST' => 'localhost', 'CHEVERETO_DB_NAME' => 'chevereto', 'CHEVERETO_DB_USER' => 'user', 'CHEVERETO_DB_PASS' => 'pass', ];
Chevereto V4 comes with a new console. You must update your CRON command to point to the new location.
From Chevereto V3 cron:
cli.php -C cron
To Chevereto V4 cron:
app/bin/legacy -C cron