# 📂 cPanel App files
# Installing Chevereto
To install Chevereto on cPanel you need to use the release package and cPanel's file manager to unzip this package in your target website.
- Go to File Manager under Files
- Navigate to your home
- Click on Upload and on Select File
- Upload the release zip file that you downloaded following using release package instructions
- Once uploaded, go back to the file manager at
- Right-click on the zip file file and select Extract
- A prompt appears, enter path
/public_htmland click on Extract Files
💡 You can customize
/public_html to reflect the path for your configured website.
- If you are installing Chevereto for the first time you can continue with Setup.
# Updating Chevereto
To update Chevereto on cPanel simply follow the steps described above. That process only alters the application files, it won't touch the website contents.
💡 If you made modifications to the software you may want to review these changes before.